Open Call Career Development Bursaries
Macnas Career Development opportunities for artists, producers and technicians working in the creative industries.
Macnas in collaboration with Galway Culture Company, is offering bursaries to individual creative practitioners from Galway City and County to support career development pathways with European Partners.
Applications are open to individual practitioners including but not limited to artists, performers, makers, designers, creatives, producers and technicians from all disciplines.
The bursary will support travel to and learning from Artists and Cultural Partners across Europe. This is an opportunity to work closely with and learn from highly skilled artists and professionals.
The bursary should be spent on the following goals:
- to explore: to conduct creative artistic research, to investigate, inspire and work on a specific theme or a new concept
- to learn: to enhance the participants’ competences and skills through non-formal learning or collaboration with a specialist
- to connect: to develop a professional network, to strengthen the participants’ professional development.
How much can you apply for?
Applicants can apply for up to €3000.
Applicants are asked to submit a budget showing projected costs for travel, accommodation, subsistence, and any other associated costs.
What are the application criteria?
To be eligible for these bursaries, you must be a creative practitioner producer or technician living in Galway City or County.
1. Creative Statement: A short statement describing your creative practice or work in the sector. (maximum 500 words).
2. A selection of your recent work, demonstrating your creative practice or work in the creative sector. Please include up to 8 high-quality digital images, video/sound links, or other relevant documentation with the relevant information of medium, scale, duration and description of work. (Jpeg/ Pdf / Word docs only)
3. CV/Resume: A current CV/resume highlighting your experiences
4. A proposal that outlines your ambitions and use of the award and how it will benefit your practice. (maximum 1,000 words)
5. A budget that itemises your proposed use of the award.
Deadline for Submissions: 5pm Friday, 30th March 2024
Applications will be reviewed by representatives from Macnas
Galway Culture Company and an independent assessor.
Applications are due by 30th March 2024.
The successful applicants will be notified via email by 4th April 2024.
We look forward to receiving your applications. If you have any further
questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The project should be completed by 30th November 2024
A final report should be submitted to Macnas by 31st January 2025.
Macnas is an award-winning internationally acclaimed spectacle theatre company from Galway, Ireland. Productions are immersive and spectacular and the group's repertoire includes parades, theatre shows, installations, film and performance art.
Macnas is dedicated to the development of artists. Macnas Collide provides training and professional development for artists
Galway Culture Company
Galway Culture Company was established to create opportunities to engage with EU and International partners and local place-based programming and brings together key agencies and stakeholders to drive forward a collective creative vision for Galway through meaningful partnership and collaboration to better support cultural placemaking, artists, and those working in Culture and Creative Industries.
The Galway Culture Company is supported by the Government of Ireland under the National Development Plan through the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.